How do you change the mindset of a public works department? Timi and Nancy sit down to discuss some actionable steps to help a new department director that has been tasked with moving the department in a new direction.
- Honor the work that the employees are currently doing
- Focus on the relationship between the new director and the front line supervisors
- Be generous with training
- Work with a facilitator to bring the employees into the process
- Remember that new directors are not super heroes, it takes time